Friday, September 23, 2016

TGIF #74 - Sewing & Stitches

Happy Friyay everyone!! The weekend is nearly upon us and it a perfect time to take a time-out crafting for this weeks challenge over at TGIF Challenges!
This week is a technique challenge and I hope that you play along.


It's all about sewing! You can break out the Singer, try your hand at the Faux Stitching technique or do what I did - hand sewing with the old needle and thread. I was going to use the machine for this one but I wanted to sew with the Gold Metallic thread and I find it sews better with hand stitching. It is a little more time consuming but I found it quite relaxing to sew the stitches through.


I've got another creation for you using the Star of Light stamp set. This is just a fabulous set and the creative possibilities are endless with these stamps. If you are still deciding what stamp set to get for your Christmas cards this year, I would say this is the set to get. Whats even better is there is heaps of ideas on Pinterest and Google. You'll never be stuck for an idea with this one.

When I pull out this set I always start singing (not it key that's for sure, HA!) or humming the tune to the Christmas Carol, "We Three Kings ". Especially the chorus "O star of wonder, start of night, Star with royal beauty bright, Westward leading, still proceeding, Guide us to thy perfect light." So its only fitting (well I think so) that this goes perfectly with sheet music DSP from the This Christmas Specialty DSP.


I had originally thought to do the Chalkboard Technique with this card but thought it would look more special with the touches of gold! And if you follow me you know I love my gold accents.


Pretty!

I hope you like my sewing creation for you this week! It's time get your craft on and link up your sewing creation with us here! Looking forward to seeing your sewing and stitches.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.


1 comment:

  1. Rochelle this is so stunning!! I love all the details with the star and ribbon and embossing! Love how you started and stopped the stitching around the swirly stars too! Such a great detail :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.