Thursday, August 18, 2016

Polka Dot Best Birds

Happy Friday! Well it's nearly Friday. Ok, so it's Thursday night and I'm nearly ready for bed, which means it's pretty much Friday in my mind! Ha!  
I've got a gorgeous little card to share with you today using a fabulous set from the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, Best Birds. I've had this idea for this card mulling around in my head for a little bit now but haven't had a lot of time to create just for me. Well you guessed it I actually had a couple of hours to create today so I thought I would try and get this card out of my head and onto some cardstock.


The original idea for this card started after seeing a fabulous wall hanging at my Brother and Sister-in-law's place in Tasmania a few weeks ago. The wall hanging was all white and just had a bird cut out of the bottom right corner. Instantly I thought, "Wouldn't it be fabulous to use the Best Birds set in a similar way" and that is where it all started. As I continued to think about the card that's when it kept evolving and for all the other elements to go on it.

I started by using the retired Dots Decorative Mask as a template and guide so that I could line up all the flowers perfectly. I lined up the mask over the card base and then marked the centre of each circle for where each flower should be embossed.  So easy to get straight lines that way.


 The bird and the branch is cut out of the Basic Black Polka Dot DSP from the Neutrals 12" x 12" Paper Stack. I love these paper stacks, a lot! All the 4 designs come in every Stampin' Up! colour (except Whisper White and Very Vanilla) so you'll never be short of DSP to match your creations. The Polka Dot and Stripes patterns are my favourite. They make for some fun creations.


I thought with the Kraft, Whisper White and Basic Black it needed just a little 'pop' of colour. That 'pop' comes from the Watermelon Wonder Mini Striped ribbon. I hadn't really noticed the ribbon when the Annual catalogue first came out but since it's release on the 1st June I've seen some fabulous creations with the ribbon and it is so pretty! So far I've only got the Watermelon Wonder ribbon and am looking forward to getting the rest of the colours.

 The flower is cut from on of the dies that goes with the Best Birds Set, Birds & Blooms Thinlits, and yep they are in a bundle so you save 10%. Boo yeah! Savings!! If you haven't had a look at this bundle, check it out!  Its super cute and there are many different ways you can get creative with it! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning card Rochelle. I love the idea of using the folder to line up the flowers. That little bird is just gorgeous in those papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.