Friday, June 3, 2016

TGIF Challenges #58 - Colour Challenge

This week at TGIF Challenges we have a bright and colourful colour challenge for you. It looks so summery an cheery but it is far from summery here in Melbourne today as we start winter. Makes me wish so much it was summer.

Because all three of these colours are so bright I decided to tone some of them down. I gave a water colour wash background on the base of the card in Daffodil Delight. This softened the whole look of the card. I also find Pumpkin Pie a little on the bright side so I first inked up the splotches image from Swirly Bird and then stamped it off once so it was toned down a little.


The butterfly from Watercolour Wings is all stamped with Melon Mambo and varying stages of stamping off the ink. I had to have a think for a minute what order the images go since I haven't used this one for a while but I soon remembered.

Its embellished with some Gold Metallic thread, White Sequins from the Metallics Assortment (which are all over my desk and I have to pick up. Ugh!) and one of the Swirly dies cut out of vellum.


I really love that there is no sentiment on the card and it is stripped back a bit. Sometimes is nice to have a card on hand like this that isn't for a specific event and you can give it to someone just cause.

I do hope that you will play along this week. For all the details on this weeks challenge and to see the projects from the ever fabulous Design Team, click here. Remember to mention TFIG Challenges in your blog post and when sharing your project publicly, please use this weeks hashtag- #TGIFC58
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
(Australian Residents Only)
  Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how you tones down two of the colors Rochelle! Beautiful card! And I'm sorry you're heading into winter! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your muted card - it feels like winter too here in the UK though it should be Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.