Friday, February 19, 2016

Just Add Ink #299 - Just Add Inspiration

Hello there and welcome! It's time to Just Add Ink and what better day to start a new challenge than on a Friday when you have the whole weekend ahead of you to create. This week at Just Add Ink we are just adding some inspiration with an inspiration pic. It's pretty, its pink and its summery. All the things I love!


I was really taken with the pink and green colour combo in the picture and used that as my starting base and then I had a play around with the Botanical Builder Dies.
 I only got them the other day and couldn't wait to get creating. I wasn't so keen on these dies when I first saw them but as it always goes I've seen some amazing creations with them and then just had to get them.


I've layered a few of the flowers on the front. I've sponged the edges of each item just to give them all a bit of dimension and depth. I've had my first attempt at machine sewing on my card. Please be kind! I've borrowed my mums machine, Thanks Mum, to see how it would go before I look at getting my own. It is a little wonky but with some more practice hopefully it will get a little straighter! I'm going to have sewing on everything!!! Ha! I actually threaded the Metallic Gold Thread through the machine and it worked so well!! Looks so pretty!


Make sure you check out the Just Add Ink page to check out all the inspiration from the rest of the design team and then have a go at playing along!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

5 comments:

  1. Your stitching looks great and I like that it's not 100% straight as it adds to the handmade feel :) This is a really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rochelle,

    Your card is truly beautiful. I thought I WAS the only person in the world who still uses a real sewing machine for my cards (which is how I learned to sew all over again LOL!). My husband does not understand how it does not make me want to mend his torn shirts though haha! - Most people use the stitching dies, and they are lovely but there is nothing like real stitches in paper. I have not used the metallic thread in my machine yet - you've definately inspired me!!!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rochelle! Your stitching is a beautiful addition and stands out so beautifully against the clean white background. Love your pretty flower and leaves arrangement- such height and detail - ordering today at last! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh this is elegance personified Rochelle! I love your first go at stitching - its adds so much texture and detail and of course is just gorgeous in gold! Any wonkiness is part of its charm!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rochelle I absolutely adore this card. So soft, pretty and feminine. I love the gold stitching - and what a clever idea to use the metallic thread (must try that myself). So have you gone ahead and purchased a sewing machine for yourself yet? hehe x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.