Monday, March 2, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Sheltering Tree Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/03/stamp-review-crew-sheltering-tree.html

 It's the first Monday of the month so that means it's time for another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. Wow March already! This hop we are focusing on the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set. Lots of two-step stamping. Such an awesome set!

If you are following round on the hop, I'm #6 on the hop. You may have joined me from the very creative Ann Schach or you may have started here with me. Where ever you started you are in for a real creative treat! If you get lost on the hop click on the banner at the top of this post and this will give you the list of all the 'hoppers' in The Stamp Review Crew.

This is one of the stamp sets in the Occasions Catalogues that when I first saw it, I gasped! I thought WOW that is stunning and I had to have it! So that was at the top of my must have list when we are able to order from the Occasions catalogue. 

I've made one creation for this hop. I've got a few more ideas for this set but they weren't working and I was running out of time. Serves me right for leaving my creations to the last minute. I'll have a bit more of a play and try out those creations when I'm not under pressure to create something and take my time (how I create best!)


I masked off my card with some sheets of printer paper on either side and then I used a post-it note to create a straight line to sponge the grass, using Pear Pizzazz, and the sky, using Soft Sky. I've seen this technique used a lot with other stamp sets but not much for this one.

This is a fantastic set to do those one layer cards (which don't happen very often around here!) and you can use lots of contrasting colours to give the card depth and dimension. And because this stamp set comes only in Photopolymer it makes it very easy to layer the images and get them in the right position! Got to love that!


How cute is that bike??!! I love it and you can make it 'bars' any colour you want because this is two different stamp images to create the bike. I just love it!


To finish the card off I used the butterflies from the Perpetual Birthday Calender set. How good do they look flying by the top of the tree. I thought about using on of the small butterflies from Papillon Potpourri but they seemed too big and then I remembered the butterflies from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar set and they were just the right size! Perfect!

I'm off to go and try my other creations while you click on the next blog button below and hop on to the fabulous Mike Funke.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to leave a comment as we love to hear what you think of our creations!

http://stampin-style.typepad.com/stampin-style/2015/03/stamp-review-crew-sheltering-tree.html

http://stampinchic.com/2015/03/the-stamp-review-crew-sheltering-tree-edition/


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

26 comments:

  1. Love just the slice of a scene! The pops of strawberry slush are terrific! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous masked stamping! Such an attractive crisp and clean card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea! Love that the bike and butterflies overlap the masked section. Great sense of motion in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love how you masked off your card, but have the butterflies and bike extending out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, Rochelle! I just want to jump right into that little strip of a scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your masked scene! At first I thought it was a popped up layer, that's how great your masking worked :) Love those little butterflies, they look like they would be great size for a lot of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, LOVE your card Rochelle. Masking is one of my favorite techniques and you did it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I don't do it all that often but I to really like the masking technique. I should do it more cause it really does have a great effect!

      Delete
  8. Great job on the masking, Rochelle. I thought it was an extra layer and you had fussy cut the bike. Love those sweet little butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I love those butterflies! I can see I'll be using them on lots of things!

      Delete
  9. Masking is a technique I don't use much but you have inspired me with your beautiful card. Love the addition of the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the masking technique on your card. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This such an amazing card, Rochelle. I love how the bike extends past the edge of the colored image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout for this set! I love the bike coming off the colored panel. I always have trouble with bike placement, and this abstract "running off the page" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love the vibrant green! Stamping the image as a panel is absolute genius! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow is right it's so vibrant!! I love the color I need to try this it looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.