Friday, February 23, 2018

Fancy Friday Blog Hop | Colour Challenge


Why hello there! Welcome, Welcome! Happy Fri-Yay! It's time for another Fancy Friday Blog Hop! If you've not hopped with us before we are a group of past and present Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members. We have a blog hop once a month with everything fun and fancy and showing what we love!

This months hop we have a gorgeous colour combo for you! Emerald Envy, Night of Navy and Pool Party.  Isn't it pretty?!


My card today I've gone for that crisp white look with touches of the colour combo so that they really stand out! I've pulled out a framelits set that I'm ashamed to say that I haven't used yet before today - Bouquet Bunch Framelits! Eek! I really loved with this framelits set and co-ordinating stamp set  when I saw it released in 2017. Had to have it straight away and I hadn't looked at it since. I know terrible right!


This card is actually made for someone who is going through a tough time at the moment and I actually thought of getting some flowers delivered to her. I then thought they are just going to wither and die so why not send some flowers that are going to last for a long time! These flowers will never wither and die!


I washed a layer of Pool Party ink over a sheet of Watercolour Paper to get that washed/mottled look. and then used the die from the Bouquet Bunch Framelits to cut out all the blooms. Because the ink dried out a little lighter than I would had liked I washed over some more ink till I got the desired colour. The card in real life is a darker wash than in the photo here and really does look better in real life. Once the ink wash was completely dry on each die cut I picked up some more Pool Party Ink with and Aqua Painter to flick some more of that colour for the splattered look. I really think that the bunch of flowers looks like a gorgeous bunch of Hydrangea's with the variation of colour in the flowers.


Now that I've had a play with this set its time to use it some more! Going to try some different colour combos for all the different colours of Hydrangea's. I've got some colour ideas that I'm looking forward to trying! 
Time to get this card in the post and on to its intended recipient and to let them know I'm thinking about them.

Now on to the gorgeous Dani Dziama to see her use of colour combo!

https://danidziama.blogspot.com/2018/02/Feb-ff.html

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

1 comment:

  1. This is just lovely, Rochelle! I've been looking for inspiration for the Bouquet Bunch dies...and now I have it. BTW...so glad to be hopping with you again! Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.