Friday, September 15, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Thankful Painted Harvest

Hello, Hello. Here's to Friday, well here in Melbourne it is, the start of the weekend and to another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop.  You are currently visiting me, Rochelle, in Melbourne, Australia and today we are bringing you creations using the Painted Harvest Stamp Set. Oh pretty!


It's got that Autumn or Fall feel with a watercolour look, without the all the work of actual water colouring. No colouring, just stamping! Yay!

I've gone for a rustic feel for my creations today. I do tend to love the rustic look and today is no exception. I've made shadow box frame, for a fun home decor piece, and a matching card. Just search in Pinterest and on You Tube, there are lots of tutorials on how to make the shadow box frame.


How gorgeous are those sunflowers from the set. These are part of a two-step stamping process where two stamps layer on top of each other to create the one image. I'm loving the 'yellow' look to the sunflower but also the 'deep red' look too. Gorgeous.

For the 'yellow' sunflower I  used So Saffron for the lighter layer and then Crushed Curry on top. For the 'Deep Red' sunflower the lighter layer is Cherry Cobbler, stamped off and then on the top Cherry Cobbler full strength.


How good are the Painted Harvest images teamed up with the Wood Textures DSP stack. The Wood Textures DSP really adds to that rustic look that I love and just another gorgeous element on its own.


While the sunflower I fussy cut out with the Fabulous Stampin' Up! Paper Snips, the leaf image has a co-ordinating punch. Definitely makes it easy just to punch out the images like that, that's for sure. Love it! Get the Painted Harvest Stamp Set and the Leaf Punch in an bundle (#146021), at a bundle price and you'll save 10%. Winning!!!


To eliminate the words 'for you' from the sentiment stamp 'I am Thankful for you' stamp I put Washi Tape over the 'For You' before inking it up with Versamark Ink and then removed the washi tape before stamping it down.

By having this frame on display it my home, it reminds me to stop and to remember to be thankful. It's something that I need for myself to be reminded of rather than complaining and criticizing, which sometimes I'm a little to quick to do.

Now on to the Shannon in Canada and her oh so fabulous creations. I love the way she puts colour and elements together. She's just so good at it!

http://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/09/artisan-sep-2.html


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Rochelle, the combo with the wood is so strong!
    Your projects are sooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the colors of the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, both of your projects are totally amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a total WOW!! Holy, I love the rustic feel yu have created with these two very smart projects Rochelle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just fabulous! Those little white accents are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you certainly shine with your rustic creations! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.