Monday, February 1, 2016

The Stamp Review Crew - I Think You're Great Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2016/02/stamp-review-crew-i-think-youre-great.html

Welcome to another edition of the Stamp Review Crew. Thank You for stopping by today! We are using the fabulous set from the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, I Think You're Great.

If you're not sure who we are, we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators and we have a blog hop of the first and third Monday of each month. Each hop showcases one stamp set and we like to show you lots of different creative ways to use it!

Remember, if you get lost on the hop click on the banner at the top of this post and this will give you the list of all the 'hoppers' in The Stamp Review Crew.
It's a fun set and is great used with the 'kissing' technique as shown in the Annual catalogue. Kissing is where you ink up a solid image and a patterned image and press or 'kiss' the two inked up images so that the patterned image imprints on the solid image and then you stamp the 'kissed' solid image on your project and it gives the image a whole different effect. Fun to do and worth a try.


I haven't used the 'kissing' technique today but I have used the patterned images to create my own DSP as such.

I repeatedly stamped the line image down the side of my card in Mint Macaron ink and then the other patterned images I stamped on Crushed Curry cardstock with Crushed Curry Ink. I love the tone on tone look and how gorgeous is that colour combo. Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo. Some of the new products from the Occasions Catalogue co-ordinate perfectly with that colour combo and look awesome!

I've embellished my card today with the Metallic Foil Doilies, the new Bakers Twine, Silver Sequin Trim and some Silver Sequins from the Metallic Assortment Sequins.

Such a fun and bright card! I love it! 

Next on the hop is the creative Nancy Smith. Click on the next Blog Button to hop on to Nancy and show her some blog hop love. 

https://iguanastamp.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/stamp-review-crew-i-think-youre-great

If you are hopping in reverse click here to hop on to the wonderful Dawn Tidd.
http://tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com/tiddbits-from-dawn/2016/01/the-stamp-review-crew-i-think-youre-great-edition.html

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. What fun, Rochelle! I love the tone-on-tone stamping too. All your added elements make this an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright cheery card, and the layout of this card. I feel a CASE coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job incorporating several of the set images. Really fun and bright card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Color "bloking"! What a fun take on this set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.