Sunday, September 13, 2015

ESAD 2015 Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop


The 2015 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue is here and has been live worldwide for nearly two weeks now! I just love this amazing catalogue and I hope you love it as much as I do!
To mark is wonderful occasion of a new catalogue my lovely friends and I from the Facebook group ESAD  have decided to a Blog Hop to showcase the fabulous products from this awesome catalogue. 
You may have joined me from Andrea Buckland  or started here with me. Either way you are in for a treat to see the creativity and imagination of myself and 23 other fellow Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators. So grab your beverage of choice, get comfortable and get ready for the hop!
Today I've made 3 cards using the Home for Christmas DSP. This is an amazing pack of  DSP with its hand-drawn images that evoke nostalgic feelings of Christmas past.

 

There are 12,  12"x 12", sheets in the pack: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
Isn't it stunning! I love it!


My first card is a simple card that can easily be mass produced if you are needing to make a lot of Christmas cards for your family and friends.



It has been accented with the amazing Snowflake Elements, Winter Wonderland Embellishments and Gold Glitter Ribbon.


My next card is a bit of a sparkly one. And looks so pretty!

I covered the Bauble DSP piece with Versa Mark, sprinkled over Heat 'n' Stick powder and heated it up till it became sticky and then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Boy does that stuff go everywhere!


Its actually quite hard to see here but the glitter looks amazing and it really gives that something special to the card.


Because the glitter layer gives the card a lot of detail I wanted to keep the stamping and embellishments quite simple.


For my last card I've fussy cut the Christmas Tree and presents out and layered them on the card. Although this idea is not originally mine, why wouldn't you cut the tree out and use the image on your creations. The imagery on this DSP is amazing and is great to cut out!


The 'MERRY' comes from the Little Letters Thinlits. and the Christmas is from the stamp set Oh, What Fun. 

 How gorgeous does that tree look? There are other images on some of the other sheets that are perfect to cut out and stick on to your creations.

I made a card a few weeks ago using the Santa DSP sheet. Check it out here

I really hope I've inspired you today and given you some ideas for you to use with your Home for Christmas DSP pack.

 I hope that you have enjoyed what I've shown you on this hop.The next stop on the hop is the talented Kathryn Ruddick. Click on the Next Blog button below to click on to Kathryn.


http://www.katlodesigns.com/stamping_with_kathryn_low/2015/09/stampin-up-punch-art-bird-cards.html


Thanks so much for stopping by!


List of participants
 9. Jo Weedon
 12. Rochelle Blok - YOU are here
16. Liv Ingle 
 19. Delys Cram 
 23. Kelly Kent 

32 comments:

  1. Wow Rochelle,love your cards. That paper is my favourite. Love how you fussy cut the tree, and used the Dazzling Diamonds on the ornament paper. Fantastic ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so lovely Rochelle. I love the Dazzling Diamonds over the bauble DSP. Yet another great idea to add to my 'to do' list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou! It was super easy and super quick to do but looks really effective! I wish my photos really showed how amazing the glitter looks. The photos just don't do it justice!

      Delete
  3. great project, such beautiful papers. Love love love this new cattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I always love all your creations Rochelle! This is my fave paper and you haven't disappointed! I am loving the glittered bauble card silly. Might have to try it out just so I can see it in real life. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Right back at ya! It is amazing paper and the Dazzling Diamonds over the baubles was so easy and so quick to do. You just get that glitter everywhere tho!

      Delete
  5. More of that gorgeous paper. I especially like the glittery bauble one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home For Christmas DSP has to be worth buying just for the reindeer. Thanks so much for reminding me how much I need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Keryn! That reindeer is so cute! If I could have a pack of just the reindeer sheets, I would buy heaps of it!

      Delete
  7. Great work love! Love the dazzling diamonds over the baubles. :) Nice fussy cutting of the tree. ;) Beautiful projects as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liv! Thanks for the inspiration with the tree ;)

      Delete
  8. Wow, 3 lovely cards! I love the embellishments on your first card, and the tree on the last one, but my favourite is the middle card! Oh the glitter! Stunning! Although I bet there was a lot of glitter on you after making that. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I had glitter everywhere! Its a great and effective technique to do though!

      Delete
  9. I love the way you've celebrated the DSP in these cards Rochelle. The DSP with a glitter overlay is a winner for me - I must try that!!! Thanks for sharing, Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! The glitter overlay is super easy to do. Just be prepared for glitter to go everywhere!

      Delete
  10. Wow Rochelle, what great cards. Love the glitter effect. Great work. Thanks so much for being part of the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Rochelle...love the dazzling diamonds one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, WOW, WOW, your cards are certainly fabulous Rochelle. I am totally in love with the corrugated cardboard accents and have literally just added that to my order. I can't wit to get my hands on it! So may lovely techniques used and once again, my favourite DSP, Home For Christmas has been used and I must say that you have showcased it perfectly. What a wonderful blog. Emma xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your 'fussy' cutting is amazing. I love all the embellishments you've used - theses are often overlooked and yet add so much to a project. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! I do love me an embellishment or two.

      Delete
  14. LUV the sparkly blue baubles. I have to say you have changed my mind completely about this DSP as I was not sure how to use - but seeing these , I am a convert :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these cards Rochelle - the Dazzling Diamonds one is my fave, because I love bling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.