Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blue Ribbon Boys Birthday

Do you have trouble making boys/male cards? I know I do. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again. I love to embellish and make girls cards pretty, add some glitter here, a bit of ribbon there,  some jewels or pearls. But with out all those things on the male cards they just seem a little..flat.

I still try and make them and here is my latest attempt at a male card.

 

I went to the Stampin' Up! colour coach to find some boy colours. The suggestion was Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White. To make the background I stuck strips of the 3 colours on to some cardstock and then ran it through the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine using the Chevron Embossing Folder.


Till my next attempt at a male card!

Have Fun and Happy Stampin'


Products Used
Stamp Set: Blue Ribbon
Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise
Card Stock: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Chevron Embossing Folder, 2-3/8"Scallop Circle Punch, 1/8" Mini Brads, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.